From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Andy Schmidgall
Sent: Sun, November 20, 2005 12:57 AM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: FIXED my freeze on startup problem

A few months ago I wrote asking for help with my freeze on startup
problem. I just now figured out what the problem was. I did some more
looking at the log files, and XWin was waiting for a hung sh process
that was doing something with keyboard maps. I found a post that
suggested adding a -kb to my XWin command line parameters, and that did
the trick! I just wanted to let you all know another possible cause for
the freezes on startup.

-Andy