Re: Auto hidden taskbar stays hidden

Hello all,

thanks for your answers. I'll try to make it a little bit more clear:

I'm talking about the *windows* task bar. Both "Keep taskbar on top of
other windows" and the auto hide option are checked. Using Windows 2000
(5.00.2195) Service Pack 3

For starting X (sorry I'm a newbie to X), I use
C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxwin.bat, which contains
run XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error
"Hide root window" of the tray icon is checked (is this allowed?).

As long as native windows applications have the focus or none of the
windows is maximized, everything works as expected. But if an X application
has the focus *and* any other (native or non-native) Window is maximized
the taskbar does not show, if I move the mouse to the bottom of the
desktop. Pressing the windows key or Ctrl+Esc makes it show (maybe
because the xterm looses focus?)

Any more information I could provide (or I should read)?

Best regards,
Thomas