From: Kensuke Matsuzaki [mailto:zakki@peppermint.jp]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 5:40 AM
To: tomerkon@013.net
Subject: Re: x window managers

Hi, Tomer,

If it isn't personal topic, please cc to cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

 > My windows managers do not function well. I saw you wrote a
window-manager package, and I would like to try it.

Are you talking about xwinwm?

 > What is the "rootless" mode, and how to I install a windows-wm extension?

Cygwin/X's "-rootless" mode hides screen area where isn't used, and it
make easy to access other windows application.
Xwinwm requires "-mwextwm" mode that creates Windows window for each X
window.
If you install Cygwin/X using Cygwin's setup.exe, already XWin.exe has
windows-wm extension. So just type
  XWin -mwextwm&
  xwinwm&

--