fonts in Cygwin

I have xfig installed under cygwin. The program runs fine, but if I try to input text at size 30 in font Helvetica (which I often do for transparencies), then it does not find the fonts and displays the text as an ugly 12pt times roman.

A similar problem on my work computer running under linux was solved by the administrator doing an atp-get to install gsfonts-X11. How do I do a similar thing with cygwin? (Ghostscript and ghostview are installed, but apparently that does not automatically provide the fonts mentioned.)

--
Klaus Kassner