flpsed

Hello,

I am looking for an alternative to Adobe Writer Pro
and Adobe Acrobat Reader for annotating pdf or
ps files. I tried to compile flpsed and it failed maybe
due to the fltk dependency being unsatisfied with X11.
I am currently using xfree86 for the X server for the
Windows cygwin LyX version. Cygwin is most recent.

Has anyone made progress with compiling flpsed?
http://www.ecademix.com/JohannesHofmann/ flpsed
see the annotation at bottom of the page on tiger.ps

I first installed fltk 1.1.6 which appeared to work but
flpsed would not configure. I removed fltk 1.1.6 and
tried with 1.1 which was the version number of the
dependency found at the flpsed website. It also seemed
to configure --with-cygwin ; then make and make install
without a hitch. But when I progressed to the flpsed-0.3.5 ./configure --with-cygwin , it went aways and then exited with the last two lines after checking and finding fltk-config:

checking for open in -lX11 ... no
Error LibX11.so not found

I use xfree86 as my x server for my cygwin windows lyx,
perhaps there is a conflict? I have all the files for both
Xfree and X11 org installed and the compatibility file.
There is no LibXll.so native to my computer. I stole one
from a Debian Xlib file, desperately, as it didn't work
without one. Nor do I have LibX11.so.6 or LibX11.so.6.2
though I see them mentioned; they don't come in any
currently available Cygwin package (even obsolete).

I am weak on command line ./configure syntax ; I tried
exporting the path to the X11 directory from the command line.
It didn't seem to make any difference. The only discrepancy
was I saw a mention of no png.h found and I have two. I looked
in the mailing archives and found no mention of libx11.so and
a few mentions of -lX11 and it was recommended to use this list.

Best regards,
Stephen