Re: Fatal server error:

Per Cherwy wrote:

Hi CygWin

I have downloaded and installed coLinux and CygWin, because i found
the possibility to run Linux with X-interface in Windows very nice.

Below here you will find the error message from the XWin-log.

I hope you can help me to get it running.

Best regards,

Per C.

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.2.0-2
Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/X11R6/bin/XWin -ac -multiwindow -clipboard

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 1024
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
_XSERVTransmkdir: Cannot create /tmp/.X11-unix with root ownership
winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running on display 0

Fatal server error:
InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 0.  Exiting.

winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#errors