Back in Cygwin X world after ages...

Yeah,

as I have to work a lot with Windows at the moment and I can't just switch to Linux "for a moment", I decided to delve back into cygwin world (after 3 years of abstinence!).
Whoa, this was kinda experimental stuff back then! I remember this framebuffer-based X Window on top of Cygwin, working perfectly, that guy with the complicated Arabic (?) surname I got the latest alpha builds from, and, of course, Harold and Alexander, without whom this package would not be this advanced as it is now.

Everything is installed, runs nicely, but there's a few thoughts anyway:

- Most people would use startx to start the X Window session as they're used to it from Linux.
Strangely though, startx does NOT open a "real" X main window, but an xterm ONLY.
Is there a reason why? I think it's misleading.

xinit, however, does the thing that *I* want, that is, a big window that fills the whole screen and launches an xterm on the upper left edge. Unfortunately, the window is not resizable.

However, with the old framebuffer-based experimental X version, I remember a pre-installed window manager *with* pull-down menus. I managed to load a window manager (by typing /usr/X11R6/bin/twm &), but there were still no pull-down menus. I like(d) fvwm / fvwm2 a lot and it had everything I needed in X. I hope that I do not need Gnome to be able to work reasonably with X? I like menus, but I do not need a Windoze-ish task bar; I never needed it in Linux anyway.
I also found all Cygwin-X start menu entries EMPTY, hence I assume that Cygwin X expects from me that I want Gnome (which I do not need in any case, at least not now :))

A few suggestions would be nice,
in any case thanks for the awesome work.

-Andreas