Re: Getting multiple lines "Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence0xAdress)!" when runnning startx

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Harald Joerg wrote:

> Alexander Gottwald writes:
>
> > Vincenzo Daniele wrote:
> >
> >> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1921)!
> >> Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1923)!
> >> XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (No error) on X server ":0.0"
> >>       after 111 requests (6436 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
> >> XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (No error) on X server ":0.0"
> >>       after 7 requests (6 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
> >
> > This should never happen unless you have some network troubles.
>
> I know the first two of these error messages, but not the XIO sort.

The errors are not from XWin but from startx or a x client.

> Some additional samples (not necessarily in the correct order):
> X protocol error: BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for this
> connection) on protocol request 1

> Connection lost to X server `127.0.0.1:0.0'
>
> Xlib: sequence lost (0x6000f > 0x60009) in reply type 0x2!
>
> In addition, my Xwin.log is clobbered with lines like the
> following:

> winTopLevelWindowProc - BitBlt failed: Das Handle ist ungültig.
> (some 1000 times per session)

This happens sometimes if the drawing surface is loast because of a
fullscreen app, the screensaver or something else which steals the
drawing surface from X.

> winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

Simple problem resulting from a race condition from displaying the window
icon and deleting the window. Sometimes the X11 window is deleted before
the windows frame is removed and updating the windows frame references
the old window.

bye
	ago
--