keyboard jams when switching windows tasks

Hello, I've suddenly encountered problems with keyboard freeze ups on my Cygwin/X (XDMCP) on XP talking to a KDE Konsole on Gentoo Linux x86. Incidentally, the same thing started happening at work with Cygwin/X on XP talking to Konsole on Gentoo Linux x86_64. I did install Windows Updates just prior to seeing this problem on both machines, but have been unable to reproduce this on a cooworker's computer who also uses XP, so I can't prove this is the cause.

How to freeze up a Konsole (while connected by XDMCP to a remote kdm):
1. Click on a running Konsole program to give it focus (it won't freeze if it doesn't have focus)
2. Switch to another Windows application by clicking it in the application bar (alt-tab won't trigger the problem.)
3. Switch back to the X server with the mouse (again, alt-tab won't trigger the problem)
4. Voila, Konsole is now insensitive to keyboard input. It will never print anything no matter which keys you press. The up and down arrows scroll the window around instead of cycle through bash history as one would expect.

To unfreeze the window, do the exact same thing again. That's right, the frozen state is toggleable. Using this method, you can get multiple Konsoles frozen at the same time and unfreeze them in the order you want. When you unfreeze a console, all the keys you pressed when it was frozen come flooding out.

Other interesting points:
- This problem is happening with X/Cygwin versions 60801000 and 60802000.
- I use the startxdmcp.bat script.
- The linux boxen have Gentoo xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4 and Gentoo kde-3.3.2

Thoughts?
Dan.