RE: Full install on XP hangs at /etc/X11/abb-defaults/Bitmap

I had a similar problem a few months ago and also resolved it by
installing first some basic packages and after the rest of the packages.

Before that, I tried to remove the file were install hanged but after
removing that, it hanged in other file (the next one, I think). I
repeated this process a several times times and as I removed the files,
the hang was always in the next file and the percentage of the installed
files grew. At some point, I've excluded enough files to complete the
installation

After, I uninstalled everything (didn't trusted that kind of
installation), selected some basic packages and installed them and after
that I selected the rest of the packages and installed them also.
Everything went OK.

Maybe the setup cannot process such an amount of files like the one on a
full installation at one time.

--Lino Tinoco