Re: starting cygwinx

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 08:36:05PM -0000, Mark Fisher wrote:
>hey, don't sweat it!
>
>i've just been getting up to speed on this after playing with x for
>a few years but not using it properly.
>
>here's how I do things (so I'm open to flames too!)

>I used to use the startx... scripts, but don't bother, it's actually
>really easy to do it without.
>
>1. dead easy way: download "morten's cygwin x launcher"
>(as I write this, it's top link on "www.cygwin.com - software section)

Rather than rope someone into your nonstandard way of doing things, it
really makes sense to figure out if they are having installation problems
or if there is just a misapprehension problem.  Anything else is just
a potential exercise in frustration for the poor "newbie".

To the original poster, if you are not already up-and-running, could you
send the output of "cygcheck -r -s -v" here as an *attachment* to your
reply?  You should be able to just type /usr/X11R6/bin/startx to start X.

If you can't do that then something is wrong with your installation.

cgf