Re: xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Darryl wrote:

> Hi!
>
> 1) Cygwin is not a commercial set up , we do not pay support fees, we do
> not even pay for Cygwin.
>
> 2) We accept red hat owns the IP
>
> 3) The "developers & supporters" are volunteers, they do not HAVE to be
> nice and have the "customer is always right" approach as opposed to some
> of us in the commercial world.
>
> 4) They receive many many calls, they answer then briefly even abruptly,
> but they answer them.
>
> 5) Any developer knows that maintaining any product requires careful
> diligent thoughts and processes AND TIME
>
> So just be patient and appreciative.
>
> Having said that ....
>
> Maybe the site needs a code of conduct for the non contributors, a down
> load that will lay out a procedure to use, because when you are new it
> is easy not to know the rules. If one exists - sorry, it needs to be
> more prominent, a sort of download - now sign in blood approach.

What's wrong with <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>?  It's the first link
("Reporting Problems") in the "Community" section of the sidebar on most
Cygwin pages, and the 5th overall link in that sidebar.  How much more
prominent should it be?

There's also a section on the main Cygwin webpage that describes this code
of conduct you mention (<http://cygwin.com/#bottom>).  It's where the
"Help, contact, web page, other info..." link at the top of the main page
points to.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT