Re: xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 08:43:02PM +0100, bruno patin wrote:
>Good evening from france,
>
>I bought a new box some days ago and decided to install cygwin. I had
>exactly the same install problem than the other people of the list. My
>computer is a win xp family edition sp2. I have the administrator rights
>and installed using the "just me" and "unix" options. What I saw is that
>the process was not blocked but reserved more and more memory (I stopped
>at 1Go). when cancelled, setup gave me the message indicated on a post
>before. I will try in some mns to install again (a fresh install, I
>removed all by hand after my  attempts) without the xorg package in
>order to obtain a cygcheck command to give you new informations plus I
>will reinstall these xorg packages.

Is there some reason why you won't just run cygcheck.exe while setup is
hung?  Have you tried it?  AFAIK, cygcheck should be operational by the
time setup has gotten to installing X.  It really has to be operational
since cygcheck.exe comes along with the Cygwin DLL.

Also, you could even run, oh I don't know, it's just a pretty drastic
suggestion, but you *could* run "ps -ef".

cgf