Caps lock and shifted symbols

I'm running Cygwin XFree86 version 6.7.0.0-12, and I
have a problem with xterm windows running on AIX 5.1.
I think the version of xterm running on AIX is 1.9,
but I'm not sure how to tell (I got this guess from
strings).

Any way, the problem I'm seeing is that, when I have
Caps Lock on, symbols that require the Shift key are
not recognized.  When you're typing long names with
capital letters and embedded underscores, it gets
annoying.

Is this a known problem?  I searched, but I didn't
find anything anywhere.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks.

-Tommy

=====