Re: Strange window redraw problem

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Dave Carrigan wrote:

> We are currently testing a deployment of Cygwin/X for my company's
> windows-based X server. We currently use X so that Windows users can run
> apps (typically written with Perl/GTk) on Linux application servers.
>
> The deployment is going not bad, but on a couple of systems we're seeing
> strange corruption of windows: if an X window gets obscured by another X
> window, then raised to the top, the obscured part doesn't get
> redrawn. The window's frame gets redrawn but the contents do not. This
> does not appear to be happen if a non X window obscures the X window.
>
> We are running the latest version of the Cygwin X.org server. The
> systems were all bought from Dell around the same time, so they are all
> substantially the same. Both systems have "GeForce 256" cards with
> driver version 5.2.1.6; they're both running Win2k and are completely
> up-to-date with patches. One system is working, one is not.

Phew, thats pretty tough.

Are there differences in installed programs? TweakUI or similar might be
candidates which change expected windows behaviour. If such programs
are installed, please check if the settings of the programs differ.

If this does not give any clues there is the possibility to compile
XWin with massive debugging output. It will print which windows messages
are received and how they are processed. I can provide the binaries in
the next days.

bye
	ago
--