Re: Display Error

ksrangsy@uwm.edu wrote:

> Hello, I have a question about Xwin.  I've been using Xwin T1 connection and on
> dial-up but without the full interface response with dial-up.  But now that I
> have a dsl connection, I get a display error.  Attached is the XWin.log with
> the error message.  Is there anything I can do to fix this error; any help
> would be extremely appreciated.

> Fatal server error:
> XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 135526303 failed for display 172.16.1.33:0: Cannot open display

XWin is using the local ethernet interface with a private address. The remote
server does not know how to connect a host in that network.

You may try to supply the -from parameter with the ip address of the ppp
interface (eg XWin -indirect <remotehost> -from <ipaddress>. Or you use
the more secure way of ssh login into the server and use the X11Forwarding
feature of ssh to tunnel all X11 connections through the ssh connection

DISPLAY=:0.0 ssh -Y remotehost ~/.xsession

bye
        ago

NP: Fixmer/McCarthy - Freefall (Remix by Covenant)
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723