Re: Xwin shutdown command line option

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Vijay Kiran Kamuju wrote:

> I think the Cygwin/X server implementation for shutting down the xserver
>
> ie, code using the system tray->exit
>
> can be encapsulated in -stop/-terminate
>
> like
>
> if(strcmp(args[#no],"-terminate")
> {
> #ifdef WIN32
>       //code using the system tray->exit
> #endif
> }

by calling XWin -terminate you're starting another process which
knowns nothing about the already running XWin.

How would you select which of the already running xservers should be
terminated? (There may be more than just one running) Killing all
is a little bit dangerous.  With terminal clients you might have different
users on the same box. If one issues XWin -terminate by accident all
other users would suffer.

No. This is not an option.

bye
	ago