Re: X11 becomes unresponsive. VERY unresponsive.

I've been having similar problems.
I have not rebuilt my cygwin in quite a while and haven't had these problems before.
any chance there's a conflict with some new patch in Windows 2000?

I had not seen these performance problems previously, just the last few weeks.
My CPU pegs at 100% during cygwin usage, typically with starting up new windows.
It is close to unusable at times.

Chuck

At 10:12 AM 9/6/2004 +0200, you wrote:
On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, David Arnstein wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with cygwin-x11 on my home machine, which runs
> Windows 2000 s.p. 4.
>
> All X11 windows become unresponsive.  Really unresponsive. The windows
> don't repaint when exposed.  Right mouse button (context) menus do not
> pop up.
>
> Earlier today, I reinstalled ALL of my cygwin packages, it did not help.
>
> Just now, I started X11 and I had one xterm running bash.  X11 was
> working OK, as far as I could tell.  I left the computer for 10
> minutes; so it was completely idle.  When I returned, X11 was in the
> unresponsive state.
>
> How can I debug this problem?  I close this e-mail with the contents
> of my /tmp/XWin.log file.  Is there anything else I can provide?
> Thanks for any suggestions!

There are some reasons for poor Cygwin/X performance in the FAQ. One
of them is a small program from ATI.

What about CPU usage? Is XWin taking 100% and nothing happens? Or is
it nearly idle?

bye
        ago
--