Re: logitech mx-900 middle button

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Jeffrey J. Gray wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anyone been able to get the logitech mx900 mouse to pass the middle
> button (or any of the other buttons besides 1 and 3) to cygwin/xfree?  I
> see an old post in 2002 saying that some logitech drivers offered a
> 'middle button' setting, but on my Logitech/Setpoint utility there are
> terribly few options, and the default 'autoscroll' only intermittantly
> passes button 2 through--I can't figure out the pattern of when it
> works, and usually it doesn't.

If you have the option to set no special action this will help. Windows
can distinguish 3 buttons but since they are only rarely used in applications
logitech allowed to remap it to some special actions.

> Another alternative might be to map a
> keycode to a button (I can use Setpoint to map the button to a key, and
> that key is passed to cygwin/Xfree), but I don't think xmodmap can do
> this.  Thanks for any suggestions.

you can always use the -emulate3button option. This will simulate the middle
button by pressing the left and the right together.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de