RE: startx causing XP (Media Center Edition) blue screen?

Daniel,

Will have to check on the brand of the video card; it's a laptop, and since
I didn't piece it together, I can't remember off the top of my head.  It's a
GeForce 5600 go blah blah something-or-other (i.e. I'm at work, and can't
look it up :) ).

Wasn't aware of current ATI problems, but then again, I haven't bought an
ATI in a long time...

Now, as for whether the driver is provided by Microsoft or the vendor, I
can't say.  I'd assume that I can look that up in Control Panel -> System,
and once I look up the specific vendor, maybe downloading the vendor's
driver (if different from the one loaded) will help.

I appreciate the suggestion of vendor vs. MS drivers, though.  I looked up
the version of the driver on my system, and then looked up the version on
the HP (it's an HP Pavilion zd7000 laptop).  The driver on my machine is
newer than the driver on the HP Support site, but I have to admit that I
didn't notice the source of the driver.  A little homework and research is
in order.  If I'm lucky, updating the driver will fix the problem.  Driver
issues were what I was thinking might be wrong, too , but who knows.

Thanks,
Steve