Re: GTK missing cygX11-6.dll

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

I appreciate the efforts of all the Cygwin developers. Thank you, all,again.

However, some developers might want to try paying more attention to the documented feedback! -->

LDR wrote:

>There is a bug in the postinstall script, if cygwin/X11R6/bin is not in
>the system path, the DLL is not found.

False. On my system:
<CYGWIN_ROOT>/X11R6/bin is set in the 'PATH' by:
- MS SYSTEM ENVIRONMENT
- CYGWIN.BAT
- profile

Then it should work, as it works for me(tm), thats why I missed this, I
have the X11 bin PATH in my global Windows environment.

I didn't take the time to carefully document the environment and *your* errors to
have you whip off another flip and erroneous statement. Because it works in your
environment does not mean it works in mine, nor even that it works in yours
(given the errors of your statements)!

>Workaround is to reexecute the postinstall script from a bash shell with
>X11R6/bin included in the PATH setting:

> 'sh /etc/postinstall/gtk-x11.sh.done'

Also, false.

Correct invocation is, I believe: