Re: Project leadership change

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 09:31:31PM +0200, Alexander Gottwald wrote:

I have to make a sad announce:

Harold Hunt, leader of the Cygwin/X project for some years will quit being
the project leader because of his new job and family. With Harold quitting
I'll take over leadership of the project and will be responsible for making
releases, managing the website and documentation and managing the list.

I hope I can come up with a similar performance as Harold had shown in the
past and want to thank Harold for putting so much time and work into making
Cygwin/X a great xserver with features similar to those from commercial ones.

Thank you, Harold.

After Harold, Kensuke and Takuma can not offer their time anymore we
are now short on developers.  This means that the external multiwindow
windowmanager is not actively developed anymore and I can only continue
working on small enhancements and bugfixes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am also very sad that Harold is stepping down. It's the end of an era.

However, thanks very much Andrew for your increased commitment to the
project. Harold is leaving things in good hands.

I presume you mean Alexander :-)
This is one of the good things about open source. Harold etc have done fantastic work (as has Alexander) but they don't have to be forced into continuing it, others can...

David