Re: Building gvim

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Steve Baldwin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I built vim 6.3 from source.? The non-gui vim works fine, but when I start
> gvim it briefly creates a window, and I then get :
>
> [vim63]$ gvim
> [vim63]$ Vim: Caught deadly signal SEGV
> Vim: Finished.
>
> Does anyone have any clues that might help me?

I'm using the gvim from the cygnome project. But is is still vim 6.2 and running
an update with the cygwin installer does always want to install vim 6.3 now which
will overwrite the binary.

The segfault was reported a few times before but afaik no one has tracked it down
before. If you're willing I could give you some assistance.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de