Re: Error while opening Multiple Windows

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Vijaya Raghaven wrote:

> I am getting error when opening multiple Xwindows on my Windows XP PC.   I
> have tried even downloading again, still the same problem.  Here is the
> error when I am opening a 2nd window.

You can't open two instances of XWin without making some modifications to
the startup scripts. But in general this is not what you want. If you wan't
another terminal window, start xterm from the start menu (install the package
which provides these entries first) but do not call startxwin (or startx)
twice.

> A fatal error has ofccurred and Cygwin/X will now exit.
> Please open /tmp/XWin.log for more information.
>
> Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
> Release: 6.7.0.0-10
> Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
> Xwin was started with the following command-line
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/XWin -multiwindow -clipboard
>
> I couldn't see /tmp/XWin.log on my computer.
>
> Could you please tell me how do I solve this problem ?

With normal windows tools (and cygwin installed in c:\cygwin) this is
c:\cygwin\tmp\XWin.log

bye
	ago
--