No numeric keypad in HP OpenView

I'm using CygwinX on a Win2k box to drive HP OpenView on an HP-UX box, and it works well. Except... I can't use the 10-key style numeric keypad on the right side of my US 104 key keyboard. If I turn on xev to monitor X events in an HPOV window, mouse clicks are the only events that appear. I can type an IP address into the Browse MIB dialog box, for instance, if I use the number keys above the normal letter keys and below the F keys, but not with the numeric keypad regardless if NumLock appears to be on or off. Additionally xev shows an event when the mouse cursor moves over or off the window, or clicks on something in the window, but not for movement within the window. No keyboard actions seem to show any X events with xev, but stuff gets typed in and the application responds, except to the numeric keypad.

Where can I look to fix the keypad?

Thanks,
Greg