Re: Connection Wizard for Remote Sessions via XDMCP?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Terje J. Hanssen wrote:

> Is there available a Connection Wizard for Remote Sessions via XDMCP?

There were some written some months ago. But since they were either in Delphi
or MFC (== not compileable with freely available tools) we did not included
them to the Cygwin/X distribution. Search the mailing list for details.

> What I think of is a GUI tool to fill in the data (host, resolution etc)
> and save it afterwards as an icon. Clicking this icon next would be an
> fast and easy startup of a XDMPCP session for the user.

It is still an open task to build one which
- does not depend on commercial compilers (gcc compilable is preferred)
- works standalone (it should only require few libraries)

Any volunteers?

bye
	ago
--