Problem with Lyx?

Hi everyone,

I have a slight problem with Lyx. It might be user
error instead of a problem with Lyx :-)

When I run Lyx and want to view or update the document
using the "View" menu item, the "Update" and "Latex
Logfile" items are grayed out.  Lyx seems to work
except for this problem.  Am I missing some files or
do I need to install something else?

I had installed Lyx about a year ago and it ran just
fine.  I had to install miktex and some other
programs.  But I see now that the Cygwin installer
includes Lyx as an option, which is what I am running
right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day!!

James E. Merritt