bash command line not visible

Hi

I updated to the latest cygwin+xorg and have a rather strange thing
happening. (I'm running on NT 4.0 sp6a).

I've used startxwin.bat to start Xwin as
	XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -emulate3buttons
and the default xterm.
Everything alright. I started a few remote xterms via a ssh tunnel. worked a
bit. ok. Now I come back to my original (i.e. local) xterm.

Whatever I type on the bash command line does NOT show up on the screen. (In
fact, the yellow rectangle indicating the position of the cursor remains at
the start of the prompt). (Note that bash still works ok, i.e. I can execute
commands). However, output of e.g. ls displays correctly. Also vi shows up
fine. ftp also does not show what I type.
I tried a Full Reset (via ctrl-middle button) but that didn't help. A new
xterm does not have the problem.

I wouldn't have a cue how to reproduce this unfortunately.

My Xwin.log ends with
-------------
winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the
display.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened
the display.
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Nested calls detected.  Bailing.
winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Nested calls detected.  Bailing.
-------------
but I don't know if that's related.

Of course, I'm not sure if this is a bug in XWin (could it be the readline
library maybe?).

If I can make this happen again, I'll let you know.

Kris Thielemans
(kris.thielemans <at> imperial.ac.uk)
Hammersmith Imanet
Cyclotron Building
Hammersmith Hospital
Du Cane Road
London W12 ONN, United Kingdom

web site address: http://www.hammersmithimanet.com/~kris

NOTE: My inbox has a SPAM filter that automatically throws away suspect
messages. If you expect a reply and don't get one, your message might have
been wrongly classified.