Re: Differnce between Xfree and Xorg

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
On Fri, 14 May 2004, aroushdi wrote:

the command line I use in the following sequence from a cygwin shell :
Xwin :01 -query host1 -from myhost -once &
Xwin :02 -query host1 -from myhost -once &

These lines work perfectly for me.

the reult is the same if i opened 2 different cygwin shells or change the ports .
I have ZoneLab Integrity client installed and all X programs are defined as trusted as well as our network which is trusted as well .

Have you tried disabling the ZoneLab program?

What message is printed _exactly_ when XWin fails?

bye
	ago

Alex , I have deinstalled the old cygwin , updated my distro and installed from scratch i tried it as is and with the firewall stopped . the results are the same and the errors are the same . I am attaching the inmage of the error . Another thing i see any Xwin.log in the \cygwin\ not in /tmp ??

thks again for ur help

Bad session

$ xwin :30 -query iccpart3 -from icc68651 & [2] 2084

aroushdi@icc68651 ~
$ Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.7.0.0-8

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

xwin :30 -query iccpart3 -from icc68651

_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root

Fatal server error:
Xserver: failed to bind to -from address: icc68651

winDeinitMultiWindowWM - Noting shutdown in progress

Good session
$ xwin :2 -query iccpart2 -from icc68651  &
[1] 2264

aroushdi@icc68651 ~
$ Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.7.0.0-8

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

xwin :2 -query iccpart2 -from icc68651

winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
(II) XF86Config is not supported
(II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per pixel
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of shar
ed memory support in the kernel
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
(EE) Keyboardlayout "US" (00000409) is unknown
Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options = "(null
)"
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from li
st!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 636 468
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.

GIF image