Odd effect with xwin 6.7.0.0-8

I updated to xwin 6.7.0.0-8 last night after hoping to pick up a few bug
fixes, and notice that the escape sequences used to change the window title
don't work at all (in some windows), or work once (in some other windows),
or don't work at all (in still others).

The .tcshrc/.bashrc haven't changed, but the behavior has definitely changed
(and not for the better) with the latest couple of xwin versions.

I hope the previous behavior can be restored. Cygwin and Cygwin-XFree are
great tools.

Thanks