Computer upgrade complete and a nice biography treat

I've been meaning to inform the list that I was able to purchase an Athlon XP 2100+ for my system and it works great. Unfortunately, the low price of $50 that I was seeing was for a Thoroughbred chip while I needed a Palomino which ended up costing my $90. Thankfully the chip worked and my build times are down over 30% from my Athlon 1.2 GHz; the CPU is still pegged at 100% during builds so I know the speed is not being limited by memory throughput or hard drive throughput. A friend built the entire Cygwin/X distribution on his Pentium 4 2.8 GHz machine in just over 45 minutes; my relatively cheap upgrades have gotten me a 65 minute build time, which is great for me.

Before I spoil the rest of the story, I was going to take some pictures of my upgraded system, and instead ended up doing a sort of mini biography of myself and my toys:

http://msu.edu/~huntharo/bio/

Check it out, I hope you enjoy all of the pictures... oh yeah, there is a picture of me for all of you that are just starving to know what I look like after all of these years. ;)