Full screen, minus a bit, how?

Is it possible to get cygwin to start up in 'not quite full screen'
mode?

I use a multiple desktop system on my win2k machine and use cygwin/X
to run my Linux desktop on one of the win2k desktops.  However I keep
the win2k taskbar visible (it has the multiple desktops in the
taskbar) using a little utility called Shove-it.  Thus when cygwin/X
brings up the Linux system's desktop Shove-it pushes it down (I have
my taskbar at the top) by the width of the taskbar.  This works OK
except that sometimes I get some odd effects when using the mouse near
the bottom of the screen.

Thus a way to get cygwin/X to bring up an xdmcp desktop in something
like 1600x1160 mode would be very useful.

--
Chris Green (chris@areti.co.uk)