Re: XWin -clipboard and xterm focus

Peter,

I would just use startxwin.bat from the XFree86-startup-scripts package. It is much more reliable and easy to understand. I think it would help in your case to at least try startxwin.bat to confirm that it works as expected, then you can work on fixing your startup method of choice.

Harold

Peter Wisnovsky wrote:

Doh! I exited all cygwin windows but forgot about the sshd. I forgot, its a
windows machine: when in doubt, reboot!

So...this seems to have fixed the focus problem; the clipboard still doesn't
work but now that I have the updated log I see that its not launching this
with the -clipboard arg. Curious, since I pass the -clipboard arg in my
xstartup.sh, which sez xinit -- XWin -clipboard -multiwindow; this in turn
is started with a windows shortcut

C:\cygwin\bin\cygstart.exe --hide "c:\Documents and
Settings\psw\xstartup.sh"

This also is the case if I launch using sh xstartup.sh from  a bash shell.
Should I explicitly start XWin and the clients rather than using the
xinit -- XWin trick?

Here is the complete log

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 4.3.0.50
Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

XWin -multiwindow -emulate3buttons :0

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 1024
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
OsVendorInit - Creating bogus screen 0
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
winScreenInit - dwWidth: 1280 dwHeight: 1024
winSetEngine - Multi Window => ShadowGDI
winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per
pixel
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - User w: 1280 h: 1024
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - Current w: 1280 h: 1024
winAdjustForAutoHide - Original WorkArea: 0 0 992 1280
winAdjustForAutoHide - Adjusted WorkArea: 0 0 992 1280
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed - WindowClient w 1280 h 992 r 1280 l 0 b 992
t 0
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed -  Returning
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Creating DIB with width: 1280 height: 992 depth: 32
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Dibsection width: 1280 height: 992 depth: 32 size
image: 5079040
winAllocateFBShadowGDI - Created shadow stride: 1280
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowGDI - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24 bpp
32
winCreateDefColormap - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
null screen fn ReparentWindow
null screen fn RestackWindow
winFinishScreenInitFB - Calling winInitWM.
InitQueue - Calling pthread_mutex_init
InitQueue - pthread_mutex_init returned
InitQueue - Calling pthread_cond_init
InitQueue - pthread_cond_init returned
winInitMultiWindowWM - Hello
winInitMultiWindowWM - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
winInitWM - Returning.
winFinishScreenInitFB - returning
winScreenInit - returning
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Hello
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - Calling pthread_mutex_lock ()
InitOutput - Returning.
MIT-SHM extension disabled due to lack of kernel support
XFree86-Bigfont extension local-client optimization disabled due to lack of
shared memory support in the kernel
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
Rules = "xfree86" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options =
"(null)"
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 640 496
winBlockHandler - Releasing pmServerStarted
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winBlockHandler - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
winInitMultiWindowWM - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened
the display.
winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the
display.

Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harold L Hunt II"