Re: MultiWindow Mode: stty speed = 0 on xterm cause rlogin to fail

Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Danilo Turina wrote:

In effect this modification solves the problem for rlogins launched
manually by an xterm, but I does not affect at all commands inserted
into .XWinrc (they look like "xterm -e rlogin machine -l user").

I tried several ways to put the speed to 38400 for those menu entries
but I have always failed.

Is there a way to do that?

A shell script could do that (which in turn does the rlogin, etc.)

In effect I use a script to open the terminals, but if I try to put "stty 38400" into that script it does not work when invoked by the XWin menu, it reports an error related to the fact that stdin is not a terminal.

-- -------------------------------------- Danilo Turina Alcatel Optics OND Network Management Rieti (Italy) - Phone: +39 0746 600332 --------------------------------------

2 anni 10 mesi 16 giorni 1 ora 55 minuti 55 secondi