Re: xfree and windows XP home version

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Robert Tramel wrote:

> I down loaded the Cygwin/X package to a machine running windows XP home
> edition.
> Howver the X windows never fire up properly, i..e., they don't do
> anyting at all are freeze imediately depending on which startup option I
> try. Is this a limitation of XP home or am I missing something?

AFAIK, there are no known issues with XP home.  As such, I suggest you do
the following three things so we can help you better.

1.) Please visit http://cygwin.com/problems.html and review the problem
reporting guide lines.  Specifically, review the part about *attaching
uncompressed* cygcheck output.  That will allow us to see all the relevent
versions of your software, and if they are properly installed.

2.) Please give more detail about exactly how you do both "start options".
Then, we have the information necessary to try and reproduce your problem,
or see if you are starting Xwin incorrectly.

3.) Please describe in more detail what "freeze imediately" and "don't do
anything at all" means ie. what did you expect to happen, and what did
happen.

Thanks.

--
Brian Ford