Re: Using startx script without opening cygwin bash command window

>     My question is this... I currently open Cygwin's bash shell window and
> type startx to start up my X server.  (I use the windowless option to avoid
> the ugly background.)  But this leaves me with a bash shell that I don't
> use.  I use my X shell windows.  Is there a way to start the X server with
> all the options I am currently getting via my startx script without opening
> a bash shell window?

I don't know what options you have in your startx script, but I have a
shortcut in my Windows startup folder with target

C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\XWin.exe -multiwindow -clipboard -dpi 100

The server starts quietly when I log in.  No shell window opens.

HTH,
Andrew.