RE: non-widget child "DropSiteManager" error (WAS: RE: Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 ... )

Can you tell me the date/title of the announcement? I think it was a
while before I started reading this list, and Harold is so active that I
so far could not find it in the archives.

Did you make sure that this step from Harold's lesstif announcement
worked?

2) Make the build script run aclocal, autoconf, and automake, and make
the mkpatch step exclude files generated by these programs.  This makes
the package patch readable and useful.

I think you might need to include libtool in that list.  Make sure all
of the afore mentioned tools are up to date, and then try:

autoreconf --install --force