RE: non-widget child "DropSiteManager" error (WAS: RE: Grace (xmgrace) 5.1.12-1 ... )

>I believe this is a static lesstif lib.  And, AFAIK, a static lesstif
lib will not work now that Xt is a DLL.  I don't know why
>it is still in the package.  I would think that lesstif-0.93.91-6.sh
should be passing --disable-static to configure and that
>would keep this from being built/installed.

It has both --enable-static and --enable-shared in there, does one
override the other? I do not get the dll.

I am trying again with the --enable-static removed ; or do you actually
have to specify --disable-static?

Is this documented somewhere?

However, I don't see why one library can't be static and the other
shared, doesn't it just look for the needed symbol at run-time?  --  I
am willing to take your word for it though.