Re: geomview under cygwin

yes, I run startx first and tried both mwm and twm window managers.

--B.

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Hallo B.,

Am Sonntag, 11. Januar 2004 um 04:20 schriebst du:

I noticed several people posted some geomview related questions back in
2002. So, maybe someone will know the answer to this question.

I followed the instructions on http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~mfoehl/Geomview_under_Windows.html
about compiling geomview under cygwin. I had to acquire the forms library for Win32 from a different source (http://ftp.fh-wolfenbuettel.de/links/unix/desktop/xforms/NT/GnuWIN32/),
since they seem to be temporarily unavailable from the xforms website
(https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/xforms). At any rate, everything
seems to configure and compile fine. However, when I try to just execute
geomview nothing happens - nothing shows on the screen and there are no
geomview related processes running. No error messages are sent to the
screen so I don't know what is going on.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Your X server is actually running?

Gerrit