Re: Possible to use clipboard with remote/xdm connection?

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 07:26:45PM +0100, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> Chris Green wrote:
>
> > Do I then need to run a *local* cygwin window on my win2k system and
> > run 'xwinclip'?  In that case what will running 'xhost 127.0.0.1' on
> > the remote system do?  (I know what xhost does, I just don't see what
> > it has to do with running xwinclip).
>
> The xserver running on the windows host is setup to accept only clients
> from the session started by xdm. xhost now tells the server (which is
> on the windows computer) to allow connections from local (to the xserver)
> clients.
>
> This means the xhost 127.0.0.1 tells the xserver to accept connections
> from the windows host. After that you can start xwinclip on the windows
> host.

The trouble is that when I run 'xhost 127.0.0.1' in a cygwin window on
my win2k system I just get the error:-
    xhost: unable to open display ""

What should the DISPLAY environment variable be set to for the local
display?  I'm used to setting it for remote systems but I can't get
the right value for this one.

--
Chris Green (chris@areti.co.uk)