Re: fyi -

Steve,

Yup, saw the announcement, but there is no information on how it actually affects the operation of XFree86. It won't mean much of anything if they have just stopped using their closed mailing list. If, on the other hand, they are going to open up development to developers that make meaningul contributions, then it will really shake things up.

I'm not going to speculate about which of these is actually happening.

Harold

Steve Coleman wrote:

Not sure how many people out there have seen this. Any idea how this might affect the Cygwin/X project?

/"XFree86's release engineer David Dawes has announced that "a majority of the XFree86 core team has voted in favour of my proposal to disband the core team". <http://www.mail-archive.com/devel%40xfree86.org/msg04639.html>

As read on /. here:
http://slashdot.org/articles/03/12/31/1337209.shtml?tid=104&tid=185&tid=189

/