Re: Proper attribution of patches

Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Alan Hourihane wrote:

Thomas,

If you did get this code directly from Cygwin/X's tree then I'd of
expected at least the credit to be apportioned to Harold at the very
least, rather than putting your name against it. Ralf's name could have
been corrected later, with a follow email from Harold.

It's a simple change to put that right in the CHANGELOG. So I'll do that.

I had that on my next set of commits.

Then why not say so earlier?

Except for the _XtInherit one, the
fixes were idiot-level ones that I fixed inline, compared to X.Org and
sync'd.  So no credit is owed for those.

I agree.

However, there's a chunk of ifdef's in config/cf that I intend to use, so
that merits a note.

Fine with me.

It's not from "Cygwin/X" tree, but freedesktop.org - though of course I
did the proper research to see what the whole story was.

Well, if you were referring to the freedesktop.org tree all along, then those commits were made by another developer when he imported the entire tree to synch with our old xoncygwin tree on SourceForge.net.

All of this got
my attention since the current cygwin/X packages are broken, as Harold is
well aware.

Our packages are not broken, if you meant the version that we distribute.

XFree86 proper does not currently have a Cygwin port maintainer; the packages are expected to be broken.