Re: rdesktop installation comment

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, electa wrote:

> i have found it at:
> http://www.tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/rdesktop/
> i'm trying rdesktop-1.3.0-1.tar.bz2
>
> first, a comment on the istruction at http://www.tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin
> the suggested command is wrong, the right is: tar -jxv -C / -f [file]
>
> then, the installation don't add the man page
> because extract the "rdesktop.1" in /usr/share/man1.
> the right place is /usr/share/man/man1

These comments should be sent directly to the owner of the page, as it's
not a page maintained by the Cygwin project.  Also, FYI, the rdesktop
package has been submitted for review and inclusion in the official Cygwin
distribution, so it would be great if your comments were also sent to the
cygwin-apps mailing list (see <http://cygwin.com/lists.html>).  As the
latter requires subscription, I've taken the liberty of Cc'ing both the
author (Jari Aalto) and the appropriate list.

Dan, please note the second complaint as an unresolved problem with the
rdesktop package.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/