Re: keyboard settings

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Brian Ford wrote:

> > On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Cee Rainer wrote:
> > >     I do not succeed in setting my german keyboard (portable PC, 88
> > > keys) under Cygwin XFree86.  I have read the FAQ's and the hints on
> > > the Chemnitz homepage
> > > (http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~goal/xfree/#config).
> > >
> I do not know how applicable to Cygwin Xfree86 those hints are.  AFAIK,
> the goal of Cygwin XFree86 is to automatically detect the proper settings
> from Windows when possible.

Those hints are somehow a faq for cygwin/x. I think everything there should
still apply to the current versions except that the autodetection is not
mentioned. But for those where autodetection does not work, it's still a
valid source of information.

> The XF86Config file should go in /etc/X11/.  But, IIRC, until
> recently at least, this file was ignored.

No. It is used for at least a year now. Mainly for setting the XKB Parameters
and Fontpath.

bye
	ago
--