Re: sun binary on windows

Shashikant Sharma wrote:

Hi,

I downloaded and installed cygwin from internet on my windows2000 PC. And
I'm trying to execute a sun binary executable in cygwin shell, but I keep
getting error. The command lines run fine. old scripts are running fine,
except the executable.
This executable doesn't need any library file, or graphical interface. It's
juts a file translator. Since I don't have the source code for it, I would
like to get it runnable on windows, as we have ported most of other modules
to windows already.

Copying a binary to Windows and getting it to run is not an aim of the Cygwin/X project, nor of the Cygwin project in general. You would need a SPARC emulator and an installation of Solaris under the emulator in order to do something like that. Anyway, this is way off-topic for this mailing list. Please take this discussion to a list that can actually help you.