Re: Latest cygwin snapshots brake XWin

Dirk,

The fact that the new cygserver support for SHM in cygwin1.dll is enabled in CVS might have something to do with your problem:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-11/msg00354.html

This may have nothing at all to do with your problem, but I would suspect that our linking with cygipc (which exports some duplicate functions now) would cause a problem with the new cygwin1.dll from CVS. You would have to rebuild all of our tree and prevent it from linking with cygipc in order to figure out if this is the root of your problem. As it is at the moment, I'm not going to look into it because I am satisfied that I know what the problem is. If you look into it further, please post to this list. No need to post anywhere else... anyone interested follows this list.

Harold

Dirk Fassbender wrote:
Hello list,

the latest cygwin snapshots brake XWin with the -clipboard
nd/or  -multiwindow option for me.

If I try a
    XWin  -multiwindow &
or
    XWin  -clipboard &
the program terminates immediately.
There is no stackdump and /tmp/XWin.log shows no Problem.
I have attached one XWin.log from an unsuccessful start.

The latest cygwin snapshot that works (part of cygcheck -s) :
         Build date: Thu Nov 27 18:37:39 EST 2003
         Snapshot date: 20031121-17:21:44

The first cygwin snapshot that does not work (I think the snapshot from Nov
28 was broken complete) :
         Build date: Sat Nov 29 21:32:02 EST 2003
         Snapshot date: 20031129-21:28:41

Is this a problem with my installation ?

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Dirk Fassbender
Senior Consultant

Avinci - The Know-How Company
Halskestraße 38