Re: problems with refresh rate of Xwin at win2000prof

> How do you measure your refresh rate?

1Hz refresh rate one could measure by eye :)

> I never seen a monitor that worked with vertical refresh rate of 1Hz.

I do not speak about vertical refresh rate of monitor.
I mean refresh rate of Xwin itself

> According to man XWin, the correct option is -refresh.

you are right. It was just a typo in my email.
I've used "-refresh" of course.

> Which is valid when you run in fullscreen mode with DirectDraw engine.

I have used fullscreen mode.

is DirectDraw specified by -engine 4?

> You should try to run XWin -refresh xx -engine 4 -fullscreen.

the same. Exited :(

> Also, I don't think 25Hz is a valid refresh rate for any monitor.

well I see, probably "-refresh" *does* have something to do with vertical
refresh rate.

Indeed, i've tried 75Hz and it doesn't exit!

Then my questions are:

  1. why repainting rate is so low?

  e.g.,

  2. how could I get quicker redraw of the window while dragging it?
  (I do not immediatelly believe that it is a Ethernet card latency problem)

kind regards,
Valery A.Khamenya
Bioinformatics Department
BioVisioN AG, Hannover