Problem with WinXP, XF86, Caps lock, xterm and cursor keys

I've just gotten a new laptop at work with WinXP, and put Cygwin and
XF86 on it.  I'm currently running the latest as of today (4.3.0-25
server).

I've disabled my capslock key and turned it into a control key with
this registry hack:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,1d,00,3a,00,00,00,00,00

My caps lock key correctly works as a control key in all windows
applications, and xev shows it acts just like Control_L.

In xterm, I can use the caps lock key as a control key.  Except, each
time I press it, my arrow keys toggle between sending the correct
"^[[A" and the strange "^[[1;2A" (for up; left, down and right have
similar changes).  Apparently, it's toggling the cursor keys into
"shifted" state, because that's the "shifted" up arrow key.

This only affects the arrow keys, and page up/page down (which are
toggled into scrolling).  It seems like there's a bug somewhere
tracking the caps lock, since I seem to have correctly disabled caps
lock for number keys, but not arrows.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
I'm not even going to ignore that.