Re: Slow performance over VPN/cable modem

Bruce A. Hamilton wrote:

XP Pro SP1, Pentium 2.66 GHz, 1 GB memory.
I am running the latest cygwin including XFree86 4.3.0.

Thanks for any suggestions. I'm quite sure this in an X issue. Wasn't MIT supposed to be working on "low-bandwidth X" years ago?

Yes, they did and it's been available for a while now. You run the app "lbxproxy" on the local end (home) set up to connect to your work server, and then do a normal X connect to the local server connection that is presented by lbxproxy.

This assumes the normal case, that the remote server includes the LBX server extension.

Hope this helps.

Ruth