Re: twm takes no control

Brian,

Brian Ford wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Dai,

Dai Itasaka wrote:

It is not just Cygwin version of twm. Exactly the same symptom is
observed when using a twm on a RedHat or SuSE box managing a cygwin
display.

It is obvious that it is not twm that is broken.

So it is another little issue related to the shared Xt and Xaw libraries. I did a search in the twm sources for "Vendor", "Shell", "VendorShell", etc. but didn't find anything. I am sure that you can probably find info on how the OS/2 guys handled this bug, but searching for "OS2" turned up nothing in the twm sources either.

I don't think so, Harold. If this happens with twm run from other OSs, that eliminates twm itself and all its dlls, doesn't it? It must be internal to the Cygwin X server, or its dlls, right?

Hmmm... sounds reasonable.